When searching for the best seasonal and permanent pumpkin delights here in NYC and beyond, I didn't come across any existing guides of the city’s vegan pumpkin offerings, much to my dismay. I set out to change that, scrolling through countless Instagram photos and stuffing my face with a multitude of pumpkintastic goodies so you don't have to. There is truly something to satisfy everyone's pumpkin fix, from the basic PSL and classic Pumpkin Pie to not-so-basic treats like Pumpkin Pecan Twinkies and even Pumpkin "Ceviche". As always, I would love to know your favorites or anything that I missed in the comments below!
- Beyond Sushi- Seasonal Kabocha Pumpkin Roll, Dumpling and Salad
- Blockheads- Pumpkin Chili Burrito (with vegan cheese)
- by CHLOE- Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Candle 79- Pumpkin Seed Crusted Seitan
- Candle Cafe- Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Champs Diner- PSL Shake & Spicy Squash Burger
- Cinnamon Snail- Daily rotating pumpkin doughnut and pastry flavors
- Clementine Bakery- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Confectionery!- Pumpkin Autumn Bonbons, Autumnal Pagan Bark, Pumpkin Pie
- Dirt Candy- Pumpkin Ceviche with Cinnamon Pepitas and Caramelized Squash Salsa (available November 1st)
- Dunwell Doughnuts- Daily rotating pumpkin doughnut flavors, plus a tasty PSL
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC- Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Loaf, Pumpkin Spice Eclair
- Franchia- Pumpkin Noodles Salad, Pumpkin Porridge
- Hangawi- Kabocha Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Porridge
- Jennifer’s Way Bakery- Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Cookies
- Little Choc Apothecary- Masala Pumpkin Crepe, PSL
- LuAnne's Wild Ginger- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake, Pumpkin Soup, Kimchee Pumpkin Gumbo, Steamed Pumpkin
- Mother of Pearl- Pumpkin Puree Cocktail, Thai Curry Risotto with Pumpkin Seeds
- Peacefood Cafe- Pumpkin Loaf, Pumpkin Coconut Muffin, Roasted Japanese Pumpkin
- Quintessence- Organic Raw Pumpkin Pie
- Terri- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Garden Cafe (Woodstock, NY): One of my favorite vegan restaurants of all time anywhere, Garden Cafe always has amazing seasonal items like their delicious Pumpkin Pie.
- LL Commissary (New Paltz, NY): Brainchild of Lagusta of Lagusta’s Luscious and Confectionery!, LL Commissary is like something out of my dreams with their fully vegan cafe menu (which also includes Lagusta's Luscious Chocolates and Sweet Maresa’s French Macarons). Seasonally they offer the most amazing Pumpkin Chai, Pumpkin Latte and a surprisingly satisfying fizzy Pumpkin Seltzer.
- Park Falafel and Pizza (Hudson, NY): An awesome falafel and pizza place in the heart of Historic Hudson, Park Falafel offers tons of savory and sweet vegan options including Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins.
- Vegan Treats (Bethlehem, PA): A couple hours outside of NYC, Vegan Treats is well worth the voyage for their amazingly inventive vegan baked goods and homemade soft serve. In addition to their famous “Fatally Yours” Halloween Chocolate Box, they offer seasonal goodies such as their Pumpkin Cannoli, Pumpkin Spice Cake, Pumpkin Chai Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie Doughnuts and even Pumpkin Soft Serve.
- Peet's Coffee: Peet’s is a San Francisco Bay Area based specialty coffee shop with locations nationwide. They have a variety of vegan options and seasonal offerings including their classic Pumpkin Latte, a super tasty Pumpkin Chai Latte and a unique Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Mocha which can all be ordered vegan with almond milk and coconut whipped cream.
- Trader Joe’s: Perhaps the king of pumpkin season, Trader Joe’s has so many vegan pumpkin options including but not limited to Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk, Pumpkin Bagels, Pumpkin Rolls, Pumpkin Joe-Joe’s, Pumpkin Tortilla Chips, Pumpkin Vinaigrette, Fall Harvest Salsa, Pumpkin Harvest Cold Pressed Juice, Pumpkin O’s and much more.
- Third Coast Bakery- A magical gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan bakery in Suttons Bay Michigan, they ship their goodies nationwide. In addition to Levain Bakery-style cookies and delights, they also have seasonal Sugared Pumpkin Donuts, Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts and Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies.
- Whole Foods: In addition to many vegan and specialty grocery items, Whole Foods’ Bakery is making their very own scrumptious Vegan Pumpkin Pie!