It's that time of year again, and I have put together several fun and compassionate gift ideas for your loved ones.
- Loose Colour + Glitter Trios, Obessive Compulsive Cosmetics, $26. One my favorite vegan beauty brands, OCC never dissapoints when it comes to holiday gift sets. The Loose Colour + Glitter Trios come with two full-sized Loose Colour Concentrates paired with a complementary Cosmetic Glitter shade, perfect for creating a variety of looks.
- Dream Big Set, Pacifica Beauty, $46. Pacifica has tons of beautiful gift sets this time of year, and their Dream Big Set is no exception. It includes the Solar Complete Mineral Palette, my favorite Dream Big Lash Extending Mascara and the Devocean Natural Lipstick in Beach Goth. This is a perfect gift for any makeup lover, especially for beginners looking for some staple items to add to their kit.
- Everlasting Mini Liquid Lipstick Set, Kat Von D Beauty, $49. This super fun set from Kat Von D Beauty comes with eight shades of her popular Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. In addition to being perfect for experimenting with fun new colors, the smaller size makes these perfect for throwing into a clutch bag on the way to a glamorous holiday party.
- Pink Clay Exfoliating Mask, Herbivore Botanicals, $22. Not only is the chic packaging beautiful to look at, but the gentle mask is perfect for nourishing tired winter skin.
- Sleigh Queen Set, Trust Fund Beauty, $28. This adorable set comes with six miniature nail polishes from Trust Fund Beauty, perfect for a DIY holiday manicure. They also offer several other gift sets in a wide array of color palettes.
- Muscle Soak, Bare Bones, $14.99. Part of Bare Bones' Black Label Collection, the Muscle Soak is designed for soothing sore and achy muscles, upgrading bath time from relaxing to therapeutic.
HIPSTERS AND HOPHEADS
- Beard Oil Sampler Kit, Brooklyn Grooming, $49. Enough with the mustache mugs already! Those that shave will be sure to appreciate a gift set like this one to make their daily "chore" a more enjoyable and luxurious experience.
- Local Craft Beers (prices vary). Impress your hophead friend with a distinctive local craft beer. Breweries like Grimm Artisanal Ales in Brooklyn, Alchemist Beer in Vermont, Bell's Brewery in Michigan and Rhinegeist in Cincinnati all offer unique limited-edition vegan-friendly beers, which are certainly gift-worthy. For added points, pair with your favorite artisanal vegan cheese.
- Louisville Vegan Jerky, $7. Made in small batches from freshly sourced Kentucky ingredients, Louisville Jerky is an amazingly meaty snack with 13 grams of protein per bag. It is available in a variety of flavors like Smokey Carolina BBQ, Bourbon Smoked Black Pepper, Sriracha Maple, Maple Bacon and Smoked Chipotle.
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook, $12. This is one of my favorite vegan cookbooks. Not only are the recipes amazing, but the irreverent style makes it so much fun to follow along. They also have two other popular cookbooks: Thug Kitchen 101 and Thug Kitchen Party Grub.
- VegNews Magazine, $20 for a 1-Year Subscription. VegNews is an awesome all-encompasing vegan magazine with tons of tasty recipes and information on the newest vegan food products, ideas and so much more.
- Walking Eggplant Cutting Board, Tree to Art, $65. Every vegan chef knows that chopping vegetables can be a time-consuming and often boring task. A fun cutting board like this one makes it much more enjoyable!
- Tip Fur Pom Beanie, Topshop, $26. Rock the pom beanie trend with this pretty powder blue acrylic knit "tipped" with a faux fur pom.
- Eternity Scarf, Threads 4 Thought, $29. No animals were harmed in the making of this chic, eco-friendly scarf.
- Robby Clutch, Matt & Nat, $85. This gorgeous clutch from Montreal-based vegan fashion brand Matt & Nat comes in a variety of colors and is utilitarian and luxurious at the same time.
- The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery, $11. As the title suggests, The Soul of an Octopus takes a fascinating in-depth look at the complex spirit of the octopus.
- The Lion in the Living Room: How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World by Abigail Tucker, $16. A perfect gift for the cat lover in your life, The Lion explores the true story of our beloved house cats.
- Living the Farm Sanctuary Life by Gene Baur with Gene Stone, $20. This is a fantastic animal-friendly lifestyle guide by Farm Sanctuary founder Gene Bauer and Forks Over Knives author Gene Stone.
- Peppermint Marshmallows, Dandies, $5. Dandies Peppermint Marshmallows are absolutely delicious on their own, and they can also add some extra magic to holiday recipes. To take your gift to the next level, pack the marshmallows together with vegan hot cocoa mix and a super cute mug.
- Merry Moos Selection Box, Moo Free Chocolates, $11. This adorable selection box comes with three of Moo Free's popular award-winning chocolate bars, along with a perfectly nostalgic chocolate Santa.
- Caramel Assortment Box, Lagusta's Luscious, $16. Words cannot describe how dreamy Lagusta's dark chocolate-covered caramels are. They also offer larger sizes and single-flavor boxes.
- Wiggle Biscuits, V-Dog, $11.99. My dog goes absolutely nuts for these heart shaped peanut butter biscuits! They are packed with super healthy natural ingredients.
- Hemp Collar, Planet Dog, $15.95 to $21.95. How about a super cozy eco-friendly hemp-dyed collar? These ones from Planet Dog come in a variety of non-toxic colors and are super durable.
- Snout Soother, Natural Dog Company, $17.95. The Snout Soother is such a sweet gift for dogs with chapped and dry noses! They also make products for protecting our pups' paws as well as a super cute Howliday-inspired spruce shampoo bar.
- Catnip Mouse, Kitty Jones, $12. These adorable toys are made by hand in Queens, NY, with organic canvas and filled with premium catnip. They are available in a variety of charming colors and patterns.
- 100% Organic Pet Grass Kit, The Cat Ladies, $19. Pet grass is a great gift for even the most discerning of cats. It helps with digestion and hairball control, and it shifts their attention from other tempting house plants.
- Laptop Cat Scratching Pad, Uncommon Goods, $35. Last but certainly not least, for the cat that has everything, there is the Laptop Cat Scratching Pad. It satisfies their desire to email your entire contact list in their quest for world domination, without the need for awkward damage control. You can even customize the gift by inserting a new "desktop image" and sliding it into the cardboard monitor.