Fall is all about the dark and vampy lips, but I also love a fun pop of bright jack-o'-lantern orange to liven things up a bit. Here are six of my favorite vegan and cruelty free orange lipsticks in a variety of textures and price points. For an animal-friendly lip liner to go with them, I highly recommend the NYX Orange County Suede Matte Lip Liner or for a softer coral orange look I love the OCC Grandma Cosmetic Colour Pencil.
- "A-Go-Go" Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, Kat Von D Beauty, $20- This is such a fun bright orange with warm red undertones which dries completely matte on the lips. The formula is extremely long lasting and as such can be a bit drying, so I recommend exfoliating before applying. If you like this shade but prefer a bullet lipstick, it is also available in her Studded Kiss formula. I am happy to report that all shades of her Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks and Studded Kiss Lipsticks are vegan!
- "Bang! Bang!" Lipstick, Melt Cosmetics, $19- "Bang! Bang!" packs major opaque neon orange pigment which really stays put. The long lasting matte formula is on the drier side and does leave behind a slight stain, which I appreciate as it provides extra assurance of its staying power. I find that it applies best after warming up the bullet slightly on the back of my hand. Melt's lipsticks have a sweet "vanilla cake" scent which does linger on the lips.
- "Flirty Orange" Velvet Touch Lipstick, GOSH Copenhagen, $12- A "true orange" with a lustrous satin finish, this is a perfect option for those looking for a more moisturizing formula. GOSH is an awesome Danish brand with many vegan-friendly products, primarily sold in Europe and Canada. I found mine at Pharmaprix in Montreal, and I have also seen it in some Walgreens stores as well as online.
- "Orange County" Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick, NYX, $7- This is a great option for those looking for the look and feel of a liquid lipstick without the super drying formula. It has a semi-matte finish with a slightly tacky feel, and although the formula is not as long lasting as that of traditional liquid to matte lipsticks, but it can easily be layered and touched up throughout the day after meals without becoming cakey.
- "Bonfire (aka Hot Tamale)" Butter Lipstick, $6, NYX- The glossiest shade of the bunch, this one is a very pigmented orange with a hint of red in it. The texture is super creamy and moisturizing, and works best over a complementary lip liner. It can be blotted down lightly with a tissue for a less shiny finish. The formula is one of my favorites from the drug store.
- "Orange Dream" Moisturizing Lipstick, e.l.f. Cosmetics, $3- A bright orange, this is a beautiful creamy lipstick at an unbeatable price. The formula is indeed very moisturizing as the name suggests. Like the NYX Butter Lipstick, it works best over a complementary lip liner. A fun feature of these is that the bottom of the tube has a secret removable compartment containing a matching tinted lip balm!